You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Hockey

Hockey Player Yuvraj Wamiki From Mumbai Gets 10 Lakhs Reward from Maharashtra Government.

I was shocked when watched news television channel where they visited Yuvraj Walmiki's house. Why did India Hockey Association overlooked the conditions in which Yuvraj Walmiki was living.

It would have been better if Yuvraj would have received help as soon as he was included in the Team Hockey so as to play for India.

What do you think:

Is India Hockey Association doing its job correctly or not?
    Dear Pravin,

I congratulate Team Hockey for best performance in Asian Championship.

In India where is the fame there is money. Hockey is our national game but no one can try to respect this thing. National game is the pride of nation hence Indian government have take necessary action for development and improvement of hockey. Today I watch on Tv that Indian Hockey Association declared 25,000/- prize for every player, what they want to show by such activity. IHA said they don't have funds, I am not getting this.

I appreciate the Maharashtra government decision for best performing player Yuvraj Wamiki.

With Best Regards,
    Vilas

Hockey is our national game and once we were having monopoly over winning the game. Since money and fame diverted towards cricket hockey was overlooked. We are not so proud and game liking towards hockey. When we have love, respect towards national game then only others will have.

It must be made compulsory for all schools to have one school hockey team. Each district and town should maintain its hockey team and there should be Inter-school, Inter-region and Inter-State hockey competitions. Best performers from them shoud inculcate Indian Hockey team.

Cash prizes should be given from lower level to higher level competitions.

Leena Mam you made a very very Important of making it compulsory to have one Hockey Team from each and every school. I think every state government should look after this because now there are ample opportunities to get a sparkling career in the field of Sports.

Also Vilas Sir has speculated another main issue of : Where in India Fame is directly associated with money. Vilas Sir you are bang on the Target because there is no any glamor associated with Hockey India Association. Now it is the time for every sports association to follow the footsteps of BCCI which is the Board of Cricket Control in India and learn from them how to manage the resources and bring fame and money for the game and the Players who devote their precious time to PLAY FOR INDIA.

"Don't Worry about Results, Its time to Perform every now and then" - Pravin Chavre.

Now,
    India is also growing in the other sports like Tennis, Football and other.
    India played well in Hockey from last few years but in between of last year they are nor played well.
    WE want to develop our national game "Hockey" or we also see the Hockey as parallel with Cricket.
    Great Maharashtrian boy Yuvraj is a rising star of Hockey.

Congrats team India. Keep it up..!

Regards,
    Nikhil Bille,
    Diploma Holder(E&Tc)
    "Learning from experience is a faculty almost never practiced"

Yes now is the time to promote every sport in India.
    "Don't Worry about Results, Its time to Perform every now and then" - Pravin Chavre.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.