You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

Inclusion of Inrfan Pathan in last 2 ODIs

What is the logic behind including Irfan Pathan (after 2 long years) in ODI team? Will he be able to make any impact in the last 2 ODIs agaist WI?
    Hello Nitinkumar Sir,

Yes Irfan Pathan was out of Team India squad for the last two years. I think that his selection is totally on his performance during the Ranji Trophy Matches where he performed on a high note. His selection is to test whether he should be included in the squad of Team India on a tour of Autralia.

As, Irfan Pathan is the best swing bowler, he will be an added advantage in the tour of Australia. During the last two years he was out of form due to some injuries and the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) helped him to go outside India to get surgery done and recover from the Injury.

Irfan Pathan is a key asset for India and his swing bowling is to be taken in to account. We should remember that he made a hat-trick against Pakistan in the Test match format.

"Don't Worry about Results, Its time to Perform every now and then" - Pravin Chavre.

Hi Pravin,

Please do not call me 'Sir'. Just call me Nitin.

Thanks posting your views. But we should not forget that Irfan was included after the team for Aus Test series was declared. So there is no chance of his inclusion in the test squad.

And I do no think that he would be included in the ODI team as well. I agree with your point that he has the ability to swing the ball; but he has got enough chances to show his mettle (and I, personally, think that he has lost those chances!)

Thanks once again!

Hello Nitin,

I thought that Irfan will be included in Test squad against Australia but I was wrong. You are right that Irfan Pathan is out of team for 2 years. But after performing best in the Under 19 Team, Irfan was directly introduced at International Level. So from that time he was the key player for every match and delivered a performance that one can never forget.

Hence, giving continuous performance might be the reason of his injury and exclusion for 2 years from International matches.

Also during the 20-20 world cup he played a vital role in both batting and bowling department. In this season of first class cricket, Ranji Trophy, Irfan has performed best and on those basis he was able to catch the attention of selectors.

So he was included for the last two ODI's against West Indies.

"Don't Worry about Results, Its time to Perform every now and then" - Pravin Chavre.

Yes, you are right!

Lets hope that he would get a chance in the ODI series agaiast Aussies.

Thanks!

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.